My eCommerc Store Conundrum

I am currently setting up my eStore.

This is a task that I easily could have finished in less than a week. But I tend to overthink things.

My products are clothing and accessories created with my artwork and designs using sublimation printing. I have sampled the products and am very pleased with the quality and look.

I am utilizing the services of a company that will create on demand as I order. I cannot afford to mass produce products. I have no warehousing facilities. I am an individual. An artist. A creator. For this reason my products are going to be more expensive than your run of the mill, big box store, or Brand Chain (well, some of those Brand Chains are pretty pricey).

As my products will be unique due to artwork and design, they will appeal to those who don't like to see everyone wearing the same things they wear. The quality is high. The art is unique. I don't see a problem with charging more. However, as a newbie in the ecommerce world I am a bit uncertain as to how to price my wares.

If I eventually upgrade to a paid hosting for my store I will have the ability to use Affiliate Marketers as a sales force. This appeals to me greatly. As it stands, with my free store plugin I do not have access to the apps or plugins that would allow me to create an Affiliate Marketing sales force now. If I price my products too low now I will not be able to afford the Affiliate Marketers' percentages. If I price my products too high (being a virtual unknown), I may not sell anything and there may be no reason to "upgrade."

It's quite a conundrum.

Hopefully I will make the right decisions now. If not, I suppose I will crash, burn, and start over.

We shall see.

Comments

Popular Posts