So Why Am I Taking So Long To Open My Store???

When I started this blog (which may not be read by anyone at this point - if you are a reader who simply hasn't registered to follow my blog yet I apologize for waiting so long to create a weekly post) I already had a couple of irons in the fire so to speak. I am a newbie to ecommerce, but I am moving in the right direction.

What am I working on currently?

Merch by Amazon, & Amazon FBA.

Granted there is a great deal more security in doing these things than in starting an online store. I may also do well to use the design "store" built by my clothing and accessories manufacturer - yes, they have their own. So, why don't I use theirs? Mainly because it is not a sought after venue. Shoppers don't automatically search for or find their "shops." Granted their products are high quality, but I am not the only artist using their service. They have many, many artists that do have a "storefront" presence with the manufacturer. I could advertise for my online storefront through the manufacturer, but I would actually be spending MY advertising money to advertise their site AND every other artist using their service. This seems to be rather self-defeating. Why spend MY money to build other people's clientele?

As far as Merch by Amazon goes, I am beginning to see a measure of success. It is a slow, building process. Recently they changed the upload quantity. Before the change, once you tiered up to the 100 level you could begin uploading 10 new designs per day. Now they limit you to 2 per day. Also before, if a design wasn't selling & you wanted to delete it and add a new design you could do it the same day. Now if you delete a design you simply have one less design available. You can still only upload 2 designs per day.

What I have found with Merch is that my sales seem to double every month. It is a slow build, but patience is rewarded.

I enjoy creating graphic designs for the Merch shirts. I find it to be a fun, creative outlet. And, if I can increase my family's income by doing something that brings me pleasure, I am all for it.

I am changing my game up for the FBA business. I was doing the used books, but, quite frankly, it is a LOT of work. It is exhausting to me, and I do not enjoy it. I am going to try my hand at wholesale, case lot merchandise. Again, a slow build because of the investment required, but hopefully my patience will pay off.

The eStore is on the back-burner for the moment.

Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts